Quick Contact

Name: (*)
Invalid Input
Email: (*)
Invalid Input
Message: (*)
Invalid Input
Spam Protection
Invalid Input

Online Status

My status
What qualifications do I need to charter a bareboat sailing yacht?
To charter a sailing yacht in Greece it is necessary for two crewmembers (skipper and co-skipper) to have sailing certificates proving their competence. In any case, at least one certificate/license should be available. This certificate can be any kind of paper issued by a "yachting" authority such as sailing club, sailing school, yachting/sailing association, established charter companies, etc.
The license of the co-skipper only can be equally replaced by a simple self-declaration form, where the co-skipper declares he has sailing experience. You may also be required to submit a sailing resume that will enable us to assess your ability to sail in safety. Sailing in Blue reserves the right to insist that chartered hire a professional skipper if their sailing skills are not judged sufficient.

Click here to see an example of the declaration form that the 2nd skipper will have to sign in case he has not a sailing license